Certis Solutions is seeking a qualified Senior Structural Engineer with the following background:
Must Have Qualifications
· Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering.
· Minimum 9+ years’ experience.
· Professional Engineer (PE) registration, transferable by comity to Virginia
· Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
· Experience working safely in challenging environments including crawlspaces, suspended scaffolding, vertical heights, mid- to high-rise building facades and roofs.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to summarize observations, conclusions and work requirements in both text and drawings.
· Detail-oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Prior experience with industry analytical and drafting tools is preferred. Revit proficiency is highly preferred.
Top Skills / Key Job Responsibilities
· Provide engineering and consulting services on a variety of projects including the structural design for new and existing buildings; the investigation of buildings for structural and materials failures, for condition assessments, and for analytical studies; analysis and design for the rehabilitation of existing and historic buildings; and structural design for specialty structures and preparation of structural shop drawings.
· Work closely with a variety of clients, including Architects, Landscape Architects, Civil Engineers, Mechanical Engineers, Private and Public Company Owners, Local and State Government, Private and Public Educational Institutions, Recreational and Cultural Entities, Real Estate and Land Development, General Contractors, and Subcontractors.
· Provide design expertise to perform and/or oversee the design and preparation of construction documents that are related to the variety of projects within this office.
· Develop and prepare proposals for Professional Services that include a detailed scope of services, establishment of fees, and project schedule.
· Prepare and write reports that are professional in language with a logical presentation of technical ideas and recommendations.
· Lead multi-discipline building engineering professionals including junior to senior level staff. Coordinates departmental personnel, equipment and technical experts across the company to complete assigned projects within schedule and budget constraints.
· Supervise and mentor junior and/or less-experienced Facilities Professionals to cross-train on structural services.
· Be actively involved in one or more technical/professional associations.
· Participate in Group and Office business development efforts working with existing clients to obtain additional work and developing new clients.
· Relocation available
· This position will specialize in the design, investigation, and rehabilitation of building structures and building enclosures.
· This position will support offices located in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia.