Certis Solutions is seeking a qualified Superintendent to oversee the operations of assigned construction sites.
Must Have Qualifications
– 5 or more years related work experience
– Thorough knowledge of trades
– Computer literate.
– Experience in healthcare facilities construction is preferred.
– Ability to read and interpret documents such as blueprints and schematics, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals and basic business documents.
– Ability to write reports and correspondence.
– Microsoft Office suite (Word, Outlook, Project, and Excel)
Top Skills / Key Job Responsibilities
Supervises, subcontractors, vendors and employees to ensure both quality control and project compliance
o Manage work schedules and the status of work assignments
o Provide training on assigned duties
o Oversee quality of subcontractor work
o Monitor performance and administer performance management
o Conduct annual performance reviews for assigned staff
– Collaborates with Project Manager to formulate construction schedule and maintains construction schedule throughout the project from start to finish; uploads progress daily to Procore
– Schedules and directs all inspections with city officials, government agencies and private agencies as required and ensures required documentation is ready for presentation
– Resolves problems as they arise regarding plans/specifications, conflicts with the architect, engineer, clients and subcontractors.; documents all corrections, changes and requests
– Accurately produces and submits the following documents through Procore per the designated time frame: red lines, requests for information/change events (RFIs/CEs), daily reports, incident reports, safety meeting records, weekly hazard/infection control (IC)/interim life safety measures (ILSM) checklists, job site photographs, time and materials logs, weekly 3 week look ahead, weekly job site photos
– Ensures all subcontractors scheduled to be on site have previously met all insurance requirements and have been issued a Subcontractor Access Code (SAC)
– Responsible for review of submittal log and tracking submittals from submission to final approval
– Review subcontractor scope of work (SOW) with each sub and ensures work outside the SOW is approved in advance
– Ensures that subcontractors are providing own clean up and debris boxes
– Maintains and posts OSHA and company required safety literature
– Documents and coordinates subcontractor completion of all punch list items in a timely manner; ensures punch list is signed-off by customer
– Attends project pre-construction, weekly and close-out meetings
– Conducts weekly on-site safety meetings, ensures all subcontractors and personnel on the job site have been trained for the specific jobsite hazards.
– Orders all on-site material, as required; understands and plans for all lead time items and orders accordingly
– Regularly interfaces with Project Engineer to ensure all CE/RFI issues are clearly understood by Project Engineer
– Is primary responsible party on a day to day basis to ensure compliance with company and facility IC/ILSM policies
– Promptly documents and corrects any observed safety/IC/ILSM conditions per company policies
– Facilitate delivering the required documents and interfacing with Project Engineering Assistant for closeout; this meeting should happen within 10 days of occupancy
– Turn in accurately coded company credit card logs by the required deadlines each month
– Enforce employee compliance with and adherence to all company policies including strict compliance with all wage and hour and timekeeping requirements.