Certis Solutions is currently seeking a highly motivated Construction Field Engineer to join our Construction Management team. Project assignments will predominately be in the South San Francisco Bay Area on water treatment, wastewater treatment, potable water storage, conveyance, and distribution type projects.
As a Construction Field Engineer you will work under the direction of a Professional Engineer (P.E.) who will typically be the Construction Manager (CM) or Project Manager (PM). As a Field Engineer you will generally be responsible for day to day onsite construction oversight and development of engineering solutions to problems encountered during construction. Duties also include performing or coordinating all necessary inspections to ensure the project is being constructed in compliance with the contract requirements and applicable permits including coordination of all necessary special inspections; review and approval of the contractor’s quality control testing; coordination, implementation, and tracking of construction and engineering changes; progress tracking; and documentation/notification of non-compliance issues. This is a key position in our project team and requires particular attention to detail, a thorough understanding of standard construction practices, and the ability to effectively coordinate between the CM, Engineer, Owner/Client, and Contractor.
• Engineering degree from an accredited engineering program and a minimum of 2 years of construction experience.
• Self-motivated individual who is willing to work effectively as part of a team or independent as required by individual project needs.
• Physical ability and willingness to perform field work as needed
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Knowledge and understanding of construction industry standard practices, codes, contracts, drawings, specifications, safety standards, and storm water pollution prevention plan (SWPPP) requirements.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products, including at a minimum Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Qualified SWPPP Practitioner (QSP) or Qualified SWPPP Developer (QSD) Certifications
• OSHA Safety Training Certifications including; OSHA 10 Hour Construction, Confined Space Entry, Fall Protection, and Excavation Competent Person Training.
• EIT Certification