Certis Solutions is seeking a Sr. Transportation Designer in Houston, TX.
• Design tasks such as grading, surface analysis and creating alignments, profiles, and
• Transfer and integration of data supporting project drafting and design to include survey,
geotechnical, engineering detail, as-built, and GIS data.
• Prepare preliminary and final drawings, plan & profiles, and exhibits from engineering
sketches, verbal instructions, specifications and supporting documentation according to
current company, client, and project standards.
• Utilize design tools or specialized design procedures in areas including
bridge/culvert detailing and designing retaining walls or other typical structures.
• Prepare quantity summaries, hydraulic and utility tables, and right-of-way maps.
• Peer review work done by others for drafting and calculation errors.
• Assist with developing standards of practice, techniques and improved processes
and procedures for drafting and design production, especially related to
• Assist staff and management as a technical specialist and advisor. Mentor and train
engineering interns, drafting, and other design staff
• Read, analyze and interpret red line drawings from Engineers, Managers, or others on the project team. Communication skills to include the ability to understand and follow complex verbal and written instructions, and the ability to interact effectively to maintain a team environment.
• 8 plus years of highway transportation designer experience.
• Proficient with AutoCAD, Civil -3D, Microstation, InRoads, Geopak, and/or OpenRoads.
• Familiarity with TXDOT and local municipality design and procedures, regulatory
compliance and agency coordination.
• Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering.
• Ability to mentoring Entry level staff.