Certis Solutions is seeking a Sr. Water Resource Engineer in Houston, TX with extensive experience in general civil engineering and strong Hydrology & Hydraulics to support transportation projects. This is a great opportunity to advance your career.
• Designs a complete project, system, component, or process.
• Prepares complete project documents for hydrologic studies and analysis, hydraulic
design, and storm water quality evaluation, river geomorphology, sediment transport,
scour analysis, flood plain analysis, river training techniques, and federal and State
regulations and permit compliance.
• Designs to applicable standards and analyzes and interprets data.
• Formulates and solves problems.
• Utilizes applicable software and tools in analysis and design of the project. Reviews
complete project documents for conformity and quality assurance.
• Develop project budgets and fee estimates.
• Develops new techniques and/or improved processes, materials, or products.
• Assists upper level management and staff as a technical specialist or advisor.
• Mentor younger engineers.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
• PE license in Texas or ability to obtain Texas PE within 6 months
• 5 years’ experience supporting the development of construction plans, specifications
• Experience in site grading and drainage design
• Strong understanding of hydraulics and hydrology in engineering design, including
runoff calculations, open-channel hydraulics including application to bridge hydraulic
analysis, culvert design and detention structure/BMP design principle
• Ability to interact with clients, customers, contractors. Represents the organization in
communications and conferences
• Experience in street improvement design and public works design
• Proficient with H&H modelling (HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, other)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• TxDOT Pre-Certifications 10.1.1, 10.2.1, 10.3.1, 10.5.1.