Certis Solutions is seeking a HR Generalist, for either Pleasanton, San Jose, Oakland or Sacramento, CA office.
• Propose solutions and engage partners in retention efforts, general employee
relations concerns, performance management, terminations, team-building,
complaint/conflict resolution, and career development.
• Conduct new hire orientations and lead integration planning for new hires.
• Serve as a benefits point-of-contact by responding to questions and educating
employees on company benefit programs.
• Manage leaves of absence, including FMLA, CFRA, PDL and workers’
• Manage various HR processes, such as classification changes, salary reviews,
performance reviews, etc.
• Develop and facilitate multiple training programs.
• Provide occasional recruiting support for administrative and business roles
• Manage special projects that have region-wide and/or company-wide impact.
• Bachelor’s (or Master’s degree) in Human Resources or related field.
• 8+ years of recent HR generalist experience, to include at least 5 years of
employee relations experience.
• Day travel within California is required to support the needs of the region,
particularly between Northern California offices; overnight travel required
• Knowledge of federal and state labor and employment law.
• Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and HRIS systems.
• Strong interpersonal skills, including verbal communication, presentation, and
• Excellent organization and follow-through skills as well as the ability to multi-task in
a fast-paced environment with limited daily supervision.
• Ability and desire to work collaboratively with team members within the region, as
well as across the firm, to meet goals.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and provide excellent internal and external client
• PHR/SPHR or SHRM-CP/SCP strongly preferred.