Certis Solutions is seeking a qualified Department Manager with the following background:
Must Have Qualifications
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Environmental Science, or Geology
· 8+ years’ experience in geotechnical, material testing, engineering, OR environemtnal work
· Master’s degree or PhD preferred.
· Previous supervisory experience.
· Valid driver’s license
· Professional license preferred but not required
Top Skills / Key Job Responsibilities
· Responsible for preparing proposals and cost estimates with varying degrees of complexity.
· Directs the short-range business development activities of all department personnel to ensure adequate fees are available to support the manpower on the payroll.
· Plan for and execute the recruitment, selection, training, mentoring, and development of all employees in the department.
· Prepare and execute the department's annual business plan.
· Oversee and manage the success of the key department metrics of revenue growth, staff chargeability, project billing and collections, and project profitability.
· Develop an understanding and be aware of project-related risks.
· Lead safety efforts for the team and ensure the team follows safety rules and guidelines.
· Promote continuous quality monitoring and improvement on projects.
· Must be willing to work in office
· Relocation available